PNC Arts Alive Family Day at the Opera
A series of FREE, fun-filled days of interactive programming for kids grades K-5
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Join Opera Philadelphia as it opens its doors to area families for the PNC Arts Alive Family Day at the Opera, a chance to journey behind the scenes of the company’s productions and learn about the magic of opera.
Geared towards children aged 5-10, attendees will be permitted to tread the stage of Philadelphia’s historic opera house and explore the Opera's elaborate sets, visit the stars’ dressing rooms, and participate in engaging interactive sessions in the Academy’s rehearsal hall and ballroom.
Teaching artist sessions will fill the mornings and may just plant the seed for a future diva, instrumentalists, or director!
These events are free of charge to the public, thanks to the generosity of PNC Arts Alive.
Please enter the building at the Academy of Music main entrance, located at Broad and Locust Streets in Philadelphia.
This event is now sold out. Please sign up to receive information on upcoming family events at Opera Philadelphia.
Here's a list of the events and activities we're preparing for you and your children at the PNC Arts Alive Family Day at the Opera on April 20, 2013. Each activity will be repeated throughout the day so that you and your children will have the opportunity to take part in all the scheduled activities.
- See a 40-minute interactive opera inspired by Mozart's The Magic Flute
- A chance to walk on the Academy of Music stage and see The Magic Flute set
- Get up close and personal with The Magic Flute's whimsical costumes
- Backstage tours and visits to the stars’ dressing rooms
- Hands-on activities with teaching artists
- Face painting and balloon animals
- More details to come soon!
* Event offerings and times subject to change.