Dress Rehearsal Program
Connect your students with operaphila.tv and expand the possibilities of virtual learning.
This season's Dress Rehearsal Program brings the opera to your students with resources that allow them to dive into the history and themes of several performances on the Opera Philadelphia Channel. Designed for students in grades 5-12, this FREE program makes connections across curriculums with lessons from music and language arts, to social studies, foreign language, and more.
Opera Philadelphia will set you up to succeed in a virtual environment.
- With school accounts to the Opera Philadelphia Channel (operaphila.tv), teachers and students will be able access performances at any time and through May 31, 2021.
- As part of the program, participating teachers will be invited to a virtual professional development session that introduces curriculum available for the production(s) of their choice.
- A printed and online student guide specific to each production will be made available to teachers and students. Printed guides will be distributed in coordination with each lead teacher.
- Opera Philadelphia staff will serve as a resource to teachers providing strategies and guidance on ways to integrate curriculum with established learning plans.
- Opera Philadelphia has partnered with Art-Reach, Inc. and Nicole Sardella to provide Audio Description for productions in the program. Learn more>>
- The Dress Rehearsal Program is offered to 5-12 schools across Greater Philadelphia at no cost.