Music & Libretto by David T. Little
One of the New York Times' "10 Classical Concerts to Stream in January."
Theater, opera, and rock collide in David T. Little's exploration of the life of the Soldier. Based on interviews with veterans of five wars, the piece boldly examines the impact of trauma, the exploitation of innocence, and the difficulty of expressing war's painful truths.
In a new film made exclusively for the Opera Philadelphia Channel, baritone Johnathan McCullough directs and stars as the Soldier. Little's music and text cement his reputation as “one of the most imaginative young composers” working today (The New Yorker).
An Opera Philadelphia production in association with FreshFly.
How to purchase: Available on-demand with a Season Pass until May 31, 2021 or with a seven-day rental for $25. (Available for rent on the day of its premiere.)
|Fri, Jan 22||8:00 p.m.|
Available with a Season Pass or seven-day rental. (Available for rent starting on the day of the premiere.)
Major support for Soldier Songs has been provided by Sarah and Brad Marshall
Maestro Corrado Rovaris’ engagement as the Jack Mulroney Music Director has been made possible by Mrs. John P. Mulroney
The Opera Philadelphia Orchestra is underwritten by Alice and Walter Strine, Esqs.
Cast & Creative Team
- John Toia Producer
- Anderson Nunnelly Associate Producer
- Chayne Gregg Consulting Producer
- David Devan Executive Producer
- David Levy Executive Producer
- Vic Carreno Editor
- Phil Bradshaw Director of Photography
- Millie Hiibel Costume Designer
- “Fre” Alfreda R. Howard Hair & Make-up
- Lisa Anderson First Assistant Director
- Jennifer Shaw Second Assistant Director
- Elizabeth Braden Assistant Conductor
- Grant Loehnig Head of Music Staff & Principal Pianist