Opera on the Mall
Saturday, September 28 at 7:00 p.m.
Independence National Historical Park
Company Premiere | Performed in Italian with English subtitles
Opera Philadelphia cordially invites you to pack your picnic baskets and blankets, and join the community for a free, big-screen broadcast of Verdi’s epic tale of liberation in the shadow of Independence Hall.
DETAILS & EVENT LOGISTICS
Advance online registration is now closed. We are expecting record attendance. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. for registered ticket holders.
If you did not register in advance, you will be asked to join a standby line and will be admitted to the park starting at 6:30 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m.: Gates open
- 6:00 p.m.: Pre-show with cast interviews
- 7:00 p.m.: Performance begins
- 8:20 p.m.: Intermission (10 minutes)
- 9:45 p.m.: Performance ends
Streamlined easy entrance for pre-registered ticket holders will be at the corner of 6th & Market Streets. Additional entrance points for registration will be located at 5th & Market Streets and 5th & Chestnut Streets. All entrances are accessible for wheelchairs and strollers. View map
Event programs will be distributed to the first 5,000 attendees. Learn more about Nabucco in advance. For additional program content, download Opera Philadelphia’s mobile app. Go to operaphila.org on your mobile device and follow the prompt.
- Video interviews with cast and crew of Nabucco
- Nabucco crowns made from balloons for the kid in all of us (while supplies last)
- Share your Instagram photos #onthemall
- Bring your blankets and beach chairs (Low-slung preferred)
- Picnic dinners encouraged
- Dogs must be kept on leashes at all times
- Food trucks on 5th Street, between Market and Chestnut
Boxed sandwich meals are available for pre-order and may be picked up at the Independence Visitor Center's Café Independence after 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 28. Orders may be placed until 12 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 27. Click here to order!
Food trucks will be located along 5th Street, between Market and Chestnut Streets.
Restrooms are available at the Independence Visitor Center at 6th & Market Streets. Additional restrooms are available at 5th & Chestnut Streets at the Park Service pavilion.
Located at 5th & Chestnut Streets, near the Park restroom facilities
As traffic in the historic district will be heavy, audiences are encouraged to take public transportation to the area of Independence Mall.
Click here to use Google Maps to get walking, driving, or public transit directions to the Mall area.
Take Uber to Opera on the Mall! Uber offers all new users a FREE Uber ride up to $20 using the promotional code OperaMall13.
Local parking garages and rates for Saturday, Sept. 28 (subject to change):
- Autopark at Independence Mall (41 North 6th Street) = $5 (enter after 5:00 p.m. and exit before 3:00 a.m.)
- Central Parking - 8th & Market Streets (10 S 8th Street) = $12
- Central Parking - 9th & Walnut Streets (925 Walnut Street) = $12
- Central Parking - 733 Chestnut Street (entrance at 800 Chestnut Street) = $12
EZ Park - 9th & Race Streets (809 Race Street)
EZ Park - Abbott Square (530 S 2nd Street)
- EZ Park - 3rd & Market/Arch Streets (48-50 N 3rd Street)
- EZ Park - Front & Chestnut Streets (36 S Front Street)
Click here to send an invitation.
Opera on the Mall is made possible through the generous support of the William Penn Foundation and the Wyncote Foundation.
Production underwritten by Mrs. John P. Mulroney.
Sunday, Sept. 29 (please check operaonthemall.org for updates in case of inclement weather)