This vocational training program helps students set the stage for an exciting career behind the curtain in theater, concert, opera, television, film, corporate events, and more. Technical theater careers, many of which do not require a college education, are rewarding, take place in a variety of exciting job locations, and offer high-paying wages. Participants of the Backstage Pass program discover the ins and outs of each job, networking on their journey of learning to launch their careers and find future employment.
Over the course of this program, students will meet industry professionals, visit theaters and workshops, and build their skills through professionally taught, hands-on training sessions.
For more information, call 215.893.5946 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions will be conducted on Saturdays from 12:30-2:30 p.m.
After much thought and deliberation, Opera Philadelphia will require all members of its Backstage Pass Program, in addition to its staff and volunteers, to be fully vaccinated as a condition of returning to in-person workshops.
In line with many schools, universities, businesses and other organizations, and to ensure the best health and safety of all members, proof of vaccination will also be required.
- Stagehand 101
- Wigs and Makeup
- Creating a Good Resumes and Cover Letter
- Personal Finance Workshop
- Resumes and Cover Letters + LinkedIn
- Site Visits to various local theaters/performance venues
Virtual Backstage Pass Instructors:
- Dan Amadie, Backstage Pass Consultant and Stagehand Instructor
- Stephen Dickerson, Carpentry Instructor
- Paul Hewitt, Carpentry Instructor
- Alfreda “Fre” Howard, Makeup & Wig Instructor
- Morgan Porter, Costumes Instructor