General Director's Council
Opera is Best Heard and Scene
General Director's Council
We make magic with what you make possible.
Opera must not only be experienced; it must also be shared. Even when every seat in the house sells out, this dazzling blend of theatrical, orchestral, and vocal splendor requires considerable fundraised support from within our community.
When you join the General Director's Council, your contribution will go directly to support all of the creative initiatives you love. Of course, this means world-class productions, the cultivation of rising young talent, and the casting of international stars. But it also means our award-winning educational and community programs. Ultimately, your contribution will ensure the presence you’ve come to expect from us as well as the future of Opera Philadelphia for years to come.
As a member of the General Director’s Council, you will play a pivotal role in the future of Opera Philadelphia and enjoy intimate gatherings and events with Opera Philadelphia leadership including General Director & President David B. Devan, Jack Mulroney Music Director Corrado Rovaris, and principal artists.
- VIP Patron Service—personalized concierge service with dedicated phone line for priority ticketing, seating, and exchange requests
- Handling fees waived on single ticket purchases and exchanges
- Private Sales—opportunity to purchase single tickets in advance of the general public for access to the best seats
- Waitlist privileges for sold out performances
- Champagne Intermission Receptions
- VIP coat check and private restrooms at performances
- Access to the VIP area at Opera on the Mall
- Patron Travel Program—join the Opera on group destination opera trips
- Season Soirée—celebrate the new season with fellow Patrons and Opera Philadelphia artists
- Meet the Artists—an intimate reception with the cast of a current production
- Director's Salon—an event featuring a presentation from the director or creative team of a current production
- General Director's Backstage Tour of the Academy of Music
- Members Vocal Recital & Appreciation Reception
- Invitations to final dress and working rehearsals
- General Director's Council Dinner with principal artists
- Opening Night Cast Parties—celebrate with the cast after the opening of each production
- General Director's Council Strategy Session—discuss future artistic plans and initiatives
- Post-performance meet-and-greets with the cast
- Recognition in the Diamond Patron section of the performance program
All of the Diamond Patron privileges above, plus:
- Increased ticket priority
- Opportunity to underwrite an Emerging Artist, community initiative, or event
- Recognition in the Platinum Patron section of the performance program
To play an ever larger role, consider joining the Chairman's Council with a gift of $25,000 or more. Council members enjoy intimate events with artists and Opera leadership as well as insider information on company initiatives. Learn more.