Venue & Transportation
Entrances for Opera on the Mall will be at the southwest corner of 5th & Market Streets, the southeast corner of 6th & Market Streets, and the northwest corner 5th & Chestnut Streets. All three entrances are accessible for wheelchairs and strollers.
Porta Potties will be available along 5th Street between Market and Chestnut Streets.
To accommodate visiting food trucks and the safety of our patrons, 5th Street between Market and Chestnut Streets will be closed to all vehicular traffic during Opera on the Mall. As traffic in the historic district will be heavy, audiences are encouraged to take public transportation or bike to Independence Mall. Discover transportation options and routes below.
Independence National Historical Park
Support for Opera on the Mall: The Marriage of Figaro has been provided by PNC Arts Alive!
- Autopark at Independence Mall (41 North 6th St.) = $5 (enter after 5:00 p.m. and exit before 3:00 a.m.)
- Central Parking - 8th & Market Streets (10 S 8th St.) = $12
- Central Parking - 9th & Walnut Streets (925 Walnut St.) = $11 (enter between 3:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m.; exit by 9 a.m.)
- Central Parking - 733 Chestnut Street (entrance at 800 Chestnut St.) = $12
- EZ Park - 9th & Race Streets (809 Race St.) = $15
- EZ Park - Abbott Square (530 S 2nd St.) = $25
- EZ Park - 3rd & Market/Arch Streets (48-50 N 3rd St.) = $20
- EZ Park - Front & Chestnut Streets (36 S Front St.) = $20
Indego Bike Share
Getting to Opera on the Mall will be a lot easier thanks to Indego! With three stations conveniently located nearby: Independence Mall, 6th & Race, and 4th & Walnut, Indego is your ride to and from Independence Mall.
By SEPTA Regional Rail
All SEPTA Regional Rail lines travel into Center City Philadelphia. The closest stop to the park is Jefferson Station (formerly known as Market East Station) at 11th & Market Streets. For more information, call 215.580.7800 or visit the SEPTA Regional Rail website. The Independence Visitor Center is six blocks east (about a 10 minute walk) of Jefferson Station on Market Street. Visitors may also choose to ride the Market-Frankford El or a SEPTA bus from the Jefferson Station area to the Independence Visitor Center.
By SEPTA Market-Frankford El
The 5th Street stop is located at 5th & Market Streets. See the schedule for the El on SEPTA's website.
By PATCO from New Jersey
Exit at the 8th Street station, located at 8th & Market Streets. The PATCO schedule is available on their website.
By Bus - SEPTA or New Jersey Transit
Opera on the Mall is presented by PNC Arts Alive!