Fill the House
Opera Philadelphia is bringing a concert adaptation of Puccini’s Tosca to live audiences at the Mann Center for the Performing Arts with three performances this May. The 90-minute concerts will feature limited seating for socially distanced audiences.
Help us fill the house and support the more than 120 artists and production staff! For a $100 donation, you can fill an empty seat with a photo cutout of yourself, a loved one, or even a pet! You’ll also receive a code to watch a free stream of the concert in June on the Opera Philadelphia Channel. If you already have access to the Opera Philadelphia Channel, you can gift your code to a friend.Donate to Fill the House
$100 per cutout
$90 is a tax-deductible contribution to support Opera Philadelphia’s production of The Drama of Tosca (this contribution may not be applied towards a membership).
Opera Philadelphia will contact you with information on how to submit your photo by April 5. All photos must be submitted by April 23. See below for suggestions and best practices on how to select your photo(s).
You will receive a code to watch a free stream of the performance on the Opera Philadelphia Channel in June 2021. This code may be gifted to someone else.
You are welcome to support the opera in this way whether or not you are attending the performance.
If you had tickets to Tosca in the Academy of Music and would like to donate the full value of your tickets to Opera Philadelphia, you may submit up to two photos for cutouts in appreciation of your support. Contact [email protected] to receive the information on how to submit your photos.
Questions? Email [email protected] or call 215.732.8400
Tips for taking the best Opera Fan Cutout Photo
- Dress to impress. Wear your finest operagoing attire or your Opera Philadelphia gear.
- Have a friend take the photo for you. For best results, please use the rear-facing camera on your phone. Selfies are discouraged.
- Find good lighting and face it. Make sure the lighting is not behind you (apply all your Zoom learnings of the past year!)
- Take the photo against a wall or plain background.
- Face the camera and capture the photo from at least your waist up.
- Ask your friend to stand about 4 feet away and hold the phone vertically when taking the photo.
- Keep hands by your side.
- Do not put more than one person in the shot.
- Upload/submit the largest possible file from your phone.
Cutout submissions cannot include the following:
- Commercial advertisements, including slogans, websites, social media handles and phone numbers.
- Offensive or negative references.
- Statements or endorsements of political candidates.
- Third party marks/logos/branding on clothing or in the background of clothing.
Opera Philadelphia reserves the right to refuse any photos. Images that portray obscene, lewd, explicit, discriminatory, derogatory, violent, offensive, infringing or otherwise inappropriate content are strictly prohibited and will be discarded.